Chorella is a freshwater alga. The amount of chlorophyll present in this algae is highest that any other green plant.This makes it a natural energy and immunity boosting supplement. Let’s discuss in brief the health benefits of Chlorella.
First, let us quickly analyzes the nutritive value of Chlorella:
- Chlorophyll– It has the highest concentration of this green pigment.
- Proteins – 1 ounce of Chlorella contains 16 grams of proteins. This suggests that it is a high source of protein. It contains all essential amino acids.
- Vitamins- It is rich in Vitamin A, B2, B3, B1, B6, B5, C, K and E. It also contains biotin and folic acid.
- Minerals– Chorella is rich in Iron, magnesium and also contains phosphorus, Calcium and potassium.
Being so dense in nutrients Chorella is considered as super food. It protects against the UV rays, maintains alkalinity, reduces inflammation, kills fungi, molds and yeasts. It builds neurotransmitters and helps in the rebuilding of the lean tissues. It also prevents and fights against a number of diseases.
Health benefits of Chorella:
- Detoxification- Many foods such as fishes are exposed to heavy metals. Chorella has the property to get wrapped around the metals like mercury, uranium, cadmium and lead. It does not let it them to get absorbed and prevents their accumulation. Finally, these harmful heavy metals are flushed out of the body.
- Aids digestion– Chorella promotes the balance healthy bacteria in our guts. It improves the bowel movement, cures constipation and promotes digestion.
- Treat and prevent diabetes– Not only Chorella improves the level of blood sugar and insulin sensitivity, but also guard against vision loss and other secondary diseases caused due to diabetes.
- Detoxifies the effect of chemotherapy and radiotherapy– Owing to the high levels of chlorophyll Chorella protest against the ultraviolet radiation treatment which is a common form of cancer treatment.
- Slows ageing– Being dense in antioxidants, Cholrella fight against the free radicals and oxidative damage caused due to them. Thus, reduces fine line, pigmentation and slows the process of ageing.
- Promotes heart health- It reduces the level of triglycerides and bad cholesterol. Having antioxidant properties it protects the heart from oxidative damage. Also, it lowers the blood pressure and thus reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Maintains body weight– Chorella boosts the metabolism and reduces body fat. It diminishes craving for junk foods, regulates the hormones and prevents obesity.
- Fights cancer– It promotes the action of the T Cells that fight against the abnormal killer cells that cause cancer. The Antioxidants present in this superfood fight free radicals and oxidative damage It strengthens the immune system and also flushes out toxins that may cause cancer.
- Eases pain associated with fibromyalgia– Research shows that if you consume 10 grams of Chorella powder daily it reduces the pain caused due to fibromyalgia.
Consume low temperature, additive-free and organic Chorella powder or tablets daily. The daily recommended dose is 3 to 6 grams, but in the case of degenerative conditions you may consume 20 to 30 grams of Chorella per day.
Keep in mind:
- If you are on anticoagulant drugs, avoid it.
- Consult your doctor before taking Chorella supplements as it may cause allergic reactions.
This post is sponsored by – UrbanPendu.org for their article on SYL Canal Dispute